Re: What proxy server is avl. under RHL6.0 ?

u> Dear friends,
u>
u> I have set up a RHL6.0 server to act as Internet server for our lab.
u> It has two ethernet card.
u>
u> etho  mit.tn.nic.in  (connected to VSAT Personal Earth Station thro
u> RJ45 cross-over cable).
u>
u> eth1  192.168.1.127 (connected to LAN hub)
u>
u> From the  192.168.1.xxx machines how to access Internet?  How to
u> tell my system to act as gateway for the 192.168.1.xxx machines?  Or
u> do I need to install proxy server? What proxy is avl. under RHL6.0.
	The 192.168. series of addresses should not be allowed out on
	to the Net. They were defined to be used within intranets that
	don't send packets out on to the Net. This means there should
	be no IP level connectivity between n/w using 192.168 and the
	outside world.

	You may use TCP ofcourse.

	This means your gateway should be explicitly configured to drop
	packets from your 192.168 n/w destined for any valid Net IP
	address. Also your router should not propogate routes to these
	addresses to the outside world.

	You should use a proxy to provide Net access to the machines
	on the 192.168

	You can find out more from rfc1918
	(ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1918.txt)

	veliath
u> with regards,
u> mks