Re: Login

Hello,
Most of the unix terminal implementation support escape sequences
that switch the terminals display to some mode (and back). Thats how
you get say bold characters and blinking ones (and red and green and
blue ls listings).

When a terminal is passed such a sequence it will not print the
sequence but enter some mode. These sequences are documented in the
termcap and/or terminfo database and is used by the (n)curses
library.

The sequence you mentioned probably triggers a mode that gets the
terminal to go upper case mode or something.

I have seen this happen with many SVR4 implementations.

veliath

u> Hi,
u>
u> This isn't a problem exactly. Try this. At login prompt, type [B, and
u> press <enter>. The password prompt is nor "password" but "PASSWORD:".
u> I get all characters on the screen in caps without using shift or
u> turning on caps lock. I was just curious as to why this happens. It
u> goes away if I use <ctrl-c>. BTW, I use slink with 2.0.36.  If
u> anybody knows why this happens, I would definitely like to know.
u>
u> Thanks
u> Gautam