Re: books

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

thaths> Let me go on record saying that I am totally opposed to putting up these
thaths> books up on the net.  I don't know what copyright they are distributed
thaths> under.  But I strongly suspect that you are in violation of some
thaths> copyrights.  I urge you to take the books off the net.

I second thats.

To add, most of these books are now available as Indian reprints and you
can get good Linux books in the range of Rs 200 - 500. eg. the RHL
unleashed is priced at 400 (and a discount as applicable). Gone are the
days when you had to pay in 1000's to get all those. I dont think this
price is high for what its content is worth. If it is not affordable,
one can always take xerox @ 25p onwards per page.

-
Oommen