Thank you... gpm problem in X

Thank you one and all...
for replying to the installation problem in debian 2.0

I got over it. I had not done the home work of reading docs and afer i did that i was able to install everything.

I have configured X - but the mouse config - gpm works in console and does not in X. i get a beep for any key i press. I tried gpm config and not successful at it. Any pointers...

I gave -R option in gpmconfig. My mouse is a artec mouse - Microsoft compatible 3 button mouse.

Thank you
Deivanayak