Re: Search Engine for Tamil

M K Saravanan proclaimed:
>   Just now I started working in a new project -- "Designing a search
> engine for Tamil"  so that given a key word in tamil, it will search the
> tamil websites and index the results.  It is assumed that the contents
> in the tamil websites follow the "Tamilnet'99" coding standards.

Is there an encoding standard for Tamil pages on the web?  Japanese pages,
for example, are usually encoded in Shift-JIS or EUC-JP.

IIRC, there is a code-page (my termnology might be screwed up here) for
Tamil in Unicode (UTF-16?).

Thaths
--
 "All right.  Maybe I said some things, some personal things.  But you
should have seen them, Marge.  They really wanted to hear what I had to