Re: Sending Receiving Fax on Linux server

Sriram proclaimed:
> what point is our friend trying to prove by giving us the history and
> leaving the technicalities.

I called it a side note for a reason.  As for proving a point...  you are
entitled an opinion.

I am interested in the general history of the development of unix.  In
fact, the primary reason I started liking Linux / Unix was that its
development was always shrouded in myths and legends.  Unix has a rich
history of real and apocryphal stories and puns.  Take, for example
software like 'less' (the opposite of 'more'), 'bison' (The GNU version of
yacc) etc.  These things make unix a much more fun evironment for me to
work on.

The Linux community, IMO, is one that basks in story telling.  When I met
some of the ILUG-C members in Sept. they were interested in finding out
historical and personal things about some of the famous unix people.  I
encountered questions like "How is Jamie Zawinski in real life" and such.

Thaths
PS: This is my last post to the ILUG-C mailing list in this thread.  If
anyone would like to discuss this futher I suggest that they email me
privately.
--
 "All right.  Maybe I said some things, some personal things.  But you
should have seen them, Marge.  They really wanted to hear what I had to