Info on Hardware Resources Required

Aloha,
  I would need a bit of information/guidance on the following....

1 ] Can you get the prices for AMD k6-2 350/400, supersocket7 m/b , matrox
g100 VGA and seagate/quantum 4.3 gb in Chennai ?

2] How much would a 4.3 / 6.X / 8.X GB HDD from Seagate / Quantum etc. Cost
? Would I be able to connect the second HDD that I plan to buy to my box so
that I can access it from BOTH windows and linux ? [ I know its possible
from under Linux]

3] I intend to upgrade my RAM sometime in the not too distant future... I
currently have 32 MB SD RAM - how much more can I upgrade to and how
(in)expensive is it? Where could I get it ? More details?

4] My friend in Bombay wants to upgrade the RAM in his laptop which is a
Toshiba T1900 Laptop - a couple years old which has the following config
currently.

----------------------------
----------------------------

T1900 Standard Specifications
 Processor
l Intel 486 SXA, 3.3-volt
l 20 MHz clock speed
l 8 KB cache on chip

Memory
l  Standard 4 MB RAM
l   Expandable to 20 MB

Hard Disk
l   120 or 200 MB
l  Less than 17/12 ms ave.  access time

Diskette Drive
l  3.5" 1.44 MB/720 KB
 diskette drive
l Media-type checking

Monochrome Display
l 640 x 480 dot
 resolution
l B&W STN LCD
l 9.5" diagonal

Graphics Adaptor
l VGA compatible
l  Up to 64 grey scales

Keyboard
l 84 sculptured keys
l Standard layout
l 12 function keys
l 8 cursor keys
l Inlaid numeric keypad

 Interfaces
l  Centronics compatible
 parallel/FDD port
l RS-232 serial port
l PS/2 mouse port
l PS/2 keyboard port
l Analogue VGA port

Expansion
l PCMCIA 2.0 Type III  slot
l Credit card format  memory expansion

Special Features
l AutoResumeTM Mode
l MaxTimeTM Power  Management
l Advanced Power
 Management
l Flash BIOS

Software and Hardware
l MS-DOS 5.0
l Windows 3.1
l BallPoint® mouse with  QuickPortTM connection
l CardControlTM PCMCIA  software support

 Power Supply
l Autosensing 100- 240 V AC adaptor for
 world-wide usage

Battery
l Rechargeable and
 removable NiH2
l 3.5-5 hours battery life
l Recharges in 2.2 hrs

Size
l 297 x 210 x 51 mm
 (11.7" x 8.3 x 2.0")

Weight
l 2.9 kg (6.4 lb.)

l Carrying case
l Extra battery packs
l 4, 8 and 16 MB
 memory cards
l Toshiba ExpressWriter
 201 portable printer
l PCMCIA high-speed  data/fax modem (where approved)
 l External 5.25"
 diskette drive
----------------------------

  Since it says its expandable to only  20 MB of RAM ... where could I get
the RAM in madras and at what rates ? Also, would the config that is on the
existing Toshiba along with upgraded RAM suffice to install Linux / and/or
Windows ?

 Apologies on having written such a long e-mail .... Brickbats - address
them to my mail addy.
 Thanks
- ravi.