Re: Sound Config

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> GAUTAM G writes:
>  > 	I had recently posted a problem with my sound configuration. Only
>  > some wav files seem to play correctly. I was told to read the Sound-HOWTO.

> 	at the prompt '#' run sndconfig and play with the settings.
> 	Try auto detection. and if that fails paly with the irq

	Yes, I configured only using sndconfig. The irq, dma and all i
copied from Windows. irq=10, dma=1, port=0x220. Autodetection did not
work. It said, no PCI ... found( sorry i forgot the message )

The ktalkd.wav sample file from the KDE installation plays well( an
example ) and the wav files I copied from the Windows partition do not
play at all( eg. Dangerous Creatures, etc ).

The installation works only if I select SBPro as my card. I tried
selecting SB and gave the above settings. The midi test plays properly but
the "I am Linus Torvalds..." sound sample plays only for a fraction of a
second and stops. I tried even Eqsonic(?) and others. Nothing worked
except SBPro. I dont know if this is useful, but mp3 plays really well,
even 16bit, stereo, 44KHz files, 128kbps ones.

Thanks
Gautam