Re: Sound Config

hi,

GAUTAM G writes:
 > The ktalkd.wav sample file from the KDE installation plays well( an
 > example ) and the wav files I copied from the Windows partition do not
 > play at all( eg. Dangerous Creatures, etc ).
 >
 > The installation works only if I select SBPro as my card. I tried
 > selecting SB and gave the above settings. The midi test plays properly but
 > the "I am Linus Torvalds..." sound sample plays only for a fraction of a
 > second and stops. I tried even Eqsonic(?) and others. Nothing worked
 > except SBPro. I dont know if this is useful, but mp3 plays really well,
 > even 16bit, stereo, 44KHz files, 128kbps ones.

	Yes, that information _is_ very useful!

	If I understand correctly, the current setup of your sound
card (as an SBPro) plays mp3's, midi's and the Linus Torvalds message
(/usr/share/sndconfig/sample.au) perfectly but doesnt play larger wave
files from Windoze properly - correct?

	If that is so, with what are you playing the wav files?  Are
you using "play" (provided with the sox package)?  If so try
installing wavplay and use it.  I believe it will solve your problem.

HTH