Re: Links to Berlin

-- Decoded: quoted-printable

Hi Arun,

> => yes, we do. Its easier to hunt down stuff on one page or one site
than hunt
> => for it all over the www... Almost any site on programming/graphics

>	True, I like those pages too :), but this isn't exactly that
>sort of site, is it ? For one, I thought the focus of the site was on
>someone who wanted to find out more about ilugc, and not
>Linux/what-have-you per se, or do I need correction here ?

IMVHO, we could put everything about ILUGC on a single page and it wouldn't
overflow on a 640x480 resolution. hmm... Ok, 800x600. But seriously, why
not have different sections, or atleast links to where more information can
be found? Every week somebody or the other does stand up and say how
Linux has helped them in their org/env. Why don't we add that stuff to the
pages? (except the instances where us admins sneakily replaced our NT
servers(?) with Linux boxen, we need our jobs :) )

What kind of ilugc links can we provide? ok to have a general links
page?
> => save a alot of time and effort for the people looking for the
> => information... just my experience... your call...
>
> 	I'll put it on my list of things to do, but if anyone feels this
>ought to be up there real soon, please get started :).

Can we send you the links direct, we could all proabably use a common
subject so you can sort it. Is that what you mean? I think the site will
reflect ilugc as it grows...

>>The sites which one feels every new Linux/free software user
>>should be familiar with.
And how does it harm the newbie to know more? How about the last  link be
"More links" and off to another page with all the other links.

> => yet another 1.8 cents... spending money like water today... :)
>Actually, a lot more than you think, we spend 2p, you spend 2c ... :)
Then you'd have to accumulate it to multiples of five to make contribs :)
offtopic can anybody enlighten me as to why "two" cents? why not five, or
ten, or whatever?

>--
>Most public domain software is free, at least at first glance.
And will definitely land you in the clinker at first touch :) For the
uninitiated, Public Domain != Free. You'll find this on almost every
public domain s/w

BGa

 Hardware (N.) : Parts of the computer that can be kicked