Re: Featuring Lateral on ILUGC

-- Decoded: quoted-printable

Hi Arun,

>Could Asokan, Roshan and others please send me information they'd like to
see
>put up under a "Local Free Software Resources" heading ?
                       ^^^^
Why 'Free'? Why can't we just have a "Local Software Resources" and leave
it to the readers discretion...? or better still, have one section for
free and one for commercial...

>(I'm making a fairly naive assumption, that no one on the list has any
>objection to mentioning commercial entities on a free software site.
>*Please make yourself heard* if there are issues, these are the ilugc
>pages, after all. )
Hey! These are not banner ads, just information on where they can find more
resources, and all of it in text, so I don't suppose anyone's going to
complain about bandwidth problems. I would like to see the lug site become
a kind of 'portal' (arrgh! pls don't kill me!!), not the Netscape, MSN
kind... for all kinds of Linux information. Would you fail to mention a
book store that sells Linux books just because they charge for it??
However I would give more visibility to a book store that gives discounts
on Linux books... just MHO...

>It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
Not necc... Informed opinion :)

BGa