Re: Featuring Lateral on ILUGC

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 07:07:23PM +0530, BGa said:

 => Why 'Free'? Why can't we just have a "Local Software Resources" and leave
 => it to the readers discretion...? or better still, have one section for
 => free and one for commercial...

	The emphasis isn't on "Free". I just thought, the fact that
these corporate entities work with free software needed to be
highlighted. How about plain "Local Resources" ?

 => complain about bandwidth problems. I would like to see the lug site become

	I wasn't thinking about bandwidth. I just figured, like Asokan
did earlier, that some may have reservations about ilugc associating
with purely commercial ventures. Richard Stallman (the activist, not the
programmer) may be one of a kind, but one never knows, does one ?

 => a kind of 'portal' (arrgh! pls don't kill me!!), not the Netscape, MSN

	ilugc needs a new web master :).

 => kind... for all kinds of Linux information. Would you fail to mention a
 => book store that sells Linux books just because they charge for it??

	Like I said, /I/ have no problems with the idea.

 => However I would give more visibility to a book store that gives discounts
 => on Linux books... just MHO...

	Sure, sure, name three :).

							-arun

--
The IBM purchase of ROLM gives new meaning to the term "twisted pair".
		-- Howard Anderson, "Yankee Group"