Featuring Lateral on ILUGC

-- Decoded: quoted-printable

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Hi folks,

#ifdef doubts_about_links_with_Lateral
#define NONE 1
#endif

	Roshan Thomas fm Lateral sent me more information about Lateral, and I've
included relevant portions of his mail below :

[Quote]
The main activities are 1)commercial technical support for enterprises and
(next free)individuals support for Linux and at present Oracle, since
we're their first Linux partners. This support is being extended to
India , Singapore and France.

The other big activity is Linux development: we develop device drivers
for Linux; e-commerce solutions, migrate large companies to Linux from
other environments, also we're working on our  own version of Linux
focusing on ease of use, co-developed in Germany and India.

Its a kind of unique experiment which is going on: We dont work like a
typical business in that we try to involve the Linux/Open source
community in whatever we do. At the moment admittedly we're more
active in the Singapore LUG and than Madras one, but we have a good
number of the ilugc members taking on assignments -some of them full
time others part time. Open source ideas are encouraged and funded
very well.
[UnQuote]

I feel any company (Indian or Madras-based) that actively promotes Linux
should be featured on the site, and two immdly spring to mind OS4(?) -
Asokan, pls clarify; and Lateral. I mention Asokan's company because he did
mention that they were planning to distribute/sell (I don't remember which)
Linux s/w. IMHO, we need to add a resources section and let ppl know where
they can buy/get Linux related material (books, CD's, caps, whatever), and
maybe we could mention if it is a commercial venture, or it if free for
individuals (tech support fm Lateral, for instance, how may folks on the
list know about IRQTune and use it?), or what clauses apply. I'll leave
it to this list's and the webmasters' discretion... what say you?

BGa

 'SILENCE IS FOO!' - Daffy Duck