slacware not detecting my ethernet card

hi,

  I have installed slackware 3.2 (that came with a text book on linux). It is wrongly detecting my ethernet card as NE1000, eventhough I have mentioned the irq and i/o address correctly in rc.modules file. I am having a compex PCI ethernet card which compatible with ne2000.

  Also I am not able to configure my Xwindows.  I am having a SiS AGP card with 4MB ram.  I have installed 3.3.3.1 Xwindows which is the latest version which has inbuilt support for SiS card. The problem is it is clearly detecting my SiS card. But I am not able to set horz. freq. and various modes. Windows says that the monitor is using 85Hz. refresh rate at 800x600 resolution.  Can any one suggest some solution.

with regards,
mks

M.K. Saravanan, B.Sc.,B.Tech.,
AU-KBC Centre for Internet and Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology,
Anna University,
Chromepet,
Madras 600 044, TamilNadu