Re: hello everybody

Anna University proclaimed:
>   Is there a problem with the UIUC mail server which handles the mails on
> the list ? Come to think of it, what is the correct name for it -
> mailserver, linux box.... i don;t want to commit sacrilege by saying the
> wrong thing.
>   Assuming there is indeed a problem with grandteton.cs.uiuc.edu, it's
> better i put my question here.

grandteton.uiuc.edu no longer hosts the Linux India mailing list.  The new
mailing list is linux-india@xxxxxxxxx

>   2. Let us say i want to reboot this linux box, but there are a lot of
> mails yet to be delivered due to various reasons and they are still in
> queue. Is there some way to send all the mails back to the senders in one
> stroke as a Mailer-Daemon message telling them to resend later, or just
> send them back so that they senders know they weren't delivered.

There is no need to bounce the emails back to the sender.  Your MTA is
smart enough to postponde delivery attempts.  If you do a graceful shutdown
of your machine, the MTA will be stopped before the machine is shutdown.
This means that the emails in the queue will remain in the queue till the
machine comes back up and the MTA is started again.

>   Chennai Telephones have started IN ( Intelligent Network ) Services in
> Madras and the freephone service, like the US 1-800 toll free service, is
> to be made available within a week or two. Let's hope some ISPs like
> Satyam or Dishnet get these freephone numbers for internet access. Or is
> it too much to expect ?

Toll free numbers!  That is cool.  Could someone give me more details like:

1. Is the toll-free number regional (ie. within a city) or national (ie. no
STD charges)?
2. It would be great if the Telco got its act together and settled on *one*
code for all toll free numbers nationwide.  Is it going to be that way?

Thaths
--
"I've been scorched by Krusty before. I got a rapid heartbeat from his
Krusty brand vitamins, my Krusty Kalculator didn't have a seven or an