Wierd RH 6.0 behaviour.

Hi,

	The server (mail, web etc.) here was recently upgraded from
RH 5.2 to 6.0, and has been behaving wierdly ever since. If anyone can
shed light on reasons for behaviour such as:

	- /var usage going to 100% as detected by df, and not a single
file or files being found on the partition to account for the space.

	- randomly jumping permissions in /dev (I owned all the ttys one
fine morning, for instance)

	- su taking at least 10s. to issue the root prompt after
verifying the password

	- telnet into the server taking interminable periods of time

	, it would be a relief. We've to come to our collective wits'
ends figuring it out. We are currently in the process of moving back to
5.2.  While I do not know if it has any bearing on the matter, DNS here
does not work very well, for some unknown reason. Reverse lookups don't
work either.

		Thanks.
						- arun