Real Player problem

I am using S.u.S.E 5.2, kernel version 2.0.36. I got the kernel update
from the internet and installed the latest kernel 2.2.5. I have a Creative
Ensoniq PCI card, which is supported by the 2.2.5 kernel. The card is
detected and is working well when i cat any .au file to /dev/audio, but
for realplayer 5.0, it gives me an error. Audio output error. Cannot open
device. Is there some additional modifications to be done? I have set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the required path so that it can get the
codecs required. Can anybody help me out??

regards,
ravi.