Re: Slackware Installation problem

Hi,

> What I did is:
>
> Formatted the hard disk (4 GB). Created one boot floppy (selected bare.i)
> and a root floppy (selected color.gz) using RAWRITE.EXE.
>
> Problem I am facing is:
>
>  I am not able to boot the system using the created linux boot floppy.  The
> system displays LI and at this stage it hangs.
>
> Can anybody please help me to sort out this problem?

Probably your hard-disk's LBA mode is not set.

U can obtain more information from the LILO- HOWTO/FAQ. Since your
system is not up yet, better get some material from the net from some
LDP (Linux documentation project). This is with respect to RedHat and
shouldn't be much different here (I presume).

I am no expert either and am aware of this as someone who faced it told
me.

Bye 4 now,
Sudhir.P
--
When you hit rock bottom, there is no way, but, up.

P.Sudhir
Yahoo-pager: sudhir_lp
HCL Technologies India Pvt Ltd.
Tel (Off): +91-44-48199(39,40,41,42) Extn:2332
    (Res): +91-44-6370143