Re: Slackware Installation problem

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, SAISANTHOSH.B wrote:

santhosh>
santhosh> > > I am not able to boot the system using the created linux
santhosh> boot floppy.  The > > system displays LI and at this stage it
santhosh> hangs.  > > > > Can anybody please help me to sort out this
santhosh> problem?  > > Probably your hard-disk's LBA mode is not set.
santhosh>
santhosh> In this case, it is nothing related to LBA & CHS transalation of
santhosh> the HDD.  (The kernel is still in the floppy). Your floppy might
santhosh> be corrupt. Use the verify option in RAWRITE.EXE (if it has one,
santhosh> I have not used it)
santhosh>
santhosh> --
santhosh> saisanthosh
santhosh>

1. What about booting from hard disk?
2. Is the boot sequence A,C itself when the floppy boot is attempted?
3. It is likely that the 'write' to floppy failed. Try again with a brand
new floppy.
4. LBA/CHS aspect HAS an impact on the 'LI' appearing instead of 'LILO
boot:', from the hard disk. I have experienced it at least couple of times
and I think this is a documented fact. Dont know whether this applies for
floppy boot too. If all other options fail, better try this too out.

Best of Luck and pls keep us posted.

Regards,                                              Imagine Technologies
Oommen                                           16, Shaffee Mohammed Road
   				      	       	              Rutland Gate
eMail: oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx			   Chennai 600 006
       oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 					     INDIA
	   				   Voice: 91-44-8293565/66,8211733
                                            Fax : 91-44-8225341
   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a