Re: Local Domain and External Domain in Sendmail

	Hi man,
	We have something like the same setup here. The basic problem
	as I ustand is that sendmail performs an MX lookup for your
	machines.

	What we did was use the "mailertable" option in sendmail. For
	one thing we do not touch the sendmail config file directly -
	we use those m4 macro stuff.

	Heres the m4 file for our mailer on our groups primary mail
	server (trident):
divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998 Sendmail, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.  # FAATURE(promiscuous_relay)
#
#

#
#  This is the prototype file for a configuration that supports nothing
#  but basic SMTP connections via TCP.
#
#  You MUST change the `OSTYPE' macro to specify the operating system
#  on which this will run; this will set the location of various
#  support files for your operating system environment.  You MAY
#  create a domain file in ../domain and reference it by adding a
#  `DOMAIN' macro after the `OSTYPE' macro.  I recommend that you
#  first copy this to another file name so that new sendmail releases
#  will not trash your changes.
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)tcpproto.mc	8.10 (Berkeley) 5/19/1998')
OSTYPE(mpras3)
Cwtriveni.hclt.co.in trident.hclt.com trishul.ukp.hclt.com
define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL', `GroupWritableDirPathSafe')dnl
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES', `True')dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)
FEATURE(relay_entire_domain)
# `FEATURE(promiscuous_relay)'
FEATURE(mailertable, dbm /etc/mailertable)
FEATURE(access_db, dbm /etc/access_db)
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

	The mailertable entry allows us to setup mailing info for our
	domain. It looks like this:
.hclt.com	smtp:[%1.hclt.com]
hclt.com	smtp:[hclhprnd]

	What this says is that for mail adds that end in *.hclt.com,
	connect to the machine directly using smtp. It will not
	perform MX look ups.

	For addresses that end in hclt.com, it uses our company's primary
	mail server - hclhprnd - to expand to the full name.

	So for example veliath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will cause trident to
	connect to jasmine while veliath@xxxxxxxx will cause trident
	to pass the mail on to hclhprnd for further (alias) expansion.

	Now in trident we have /etc/hosts entries for all the machines
	that we want trident to send mails to directly. So we have an
	entry for jasmine in trident as follows:
		204.160.251.63	jasmine jasmine.hclt.com

	This is how we bypass MX lookups for internal (and
	unregistered) machines.

	Hope this helps,
	veliath

u> Hello friends,
u>
u> I am facing a small problem. Please help me iof you can.
u>
u> 	.
u> 	.
u> 	.