Re: kernel crash log

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:24:05PM +0530, Pankaj Kr Rathore wrote:
> Hi,
> While loading a kernel module, my linux mc crashes.
> But after rebooting, /var/log/messages doesnot contain the crash
> info. Could somebody help here please...

If you can, always run with the kernel debugger compiled into the
kernel. In Linux land, this means patching the kernel (though I
suspect that some distros would be shipping with kdb enabled kernel).

In the FreeBSD land, whenever there is a panic, it drops into the
debugger (provided the kernel was compile d with the DDB option on)
and I can look at the back trace and report a bug.

	-Arun