[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
Re: Notification on file/dir change ?
Nick Hill typed:
> Efsd (of enlightenment DR17 fame), claims to have a
> new system for detecting file state changes. I haven't
> seen the code yet. Its been ages since I've CVS
> updated E. whatever it is, it better be good. :)
Efsd uses FAM (File Alteration Monitor) from SGI, which can either use a
kernel module called imon (if available), or poll the files. FAM is
available at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.4.3 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.17i (2001-03-28) || VIM 6.0t ALPHA
* [...] Note that 120 sec is defined in the protocol as the maximum
* possible RTT. I guess we'll have to use something other than TCP
* to talk to the University of Mars.
* PAWS allows us longer timeouts and large windows, so once implemented
* ftp to mars will work nicely.
(from /usr/src/linux/net/inet/tcp.c, concerning RTT [retransmission timeout])