Re: images in php4

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Kingsly John wrote:

> So you can no longer create GIFs using php ... it is recommended that u
> use PNG for indexed images and JPEGS for full-color ones)
>
> considering u got a message that gif is not supported I think I can safely
> assume that you have gd support compiled in.

i was going through the gd docs one day, it appears it has included a
patch which can create gif images without the LZ compression algo. These
images come out to be bigger but unisys cannot complain about them since
the patent they own is on the lempel-zif compression.

  But I guess, instead of going into all that legalities just
http://www.burnallgifs.org

-- sreangsu