Re: XML for Linux

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 03:41:44PM +0530, Kapil Jadhav merrily said:
> 	I am a newbie for XML .I do not know anything about any XML parser
> in linux or any XML libraries.Can anybody help me for these parser as well
> as if anybody knows any good documentation link for XML in Linux then plz.

If you are working in C/C++ you can use the excellent SAX parser
called expat by
James Clark. This is the same parser used by Apache,PHP,Perl and
hordes of other programs. You can also use a more comprehensive parse
called Xerces from the XML apache project at http://xml.apache.org

If you are working in Java, you can use XP by James clark
again(http://www.jclark.com), or Xerces for Java.

The good thing about Xerces, i think are validation and DOM
support. But it is slower than expat or XP.

Perl has lots and lots of XML parsers. From very simple needs you can
use the XML-simple parser, for rest the Bundle::XML would suffice.

PHP uses the expat library to give you XML parsing capabilities.

The Jabber project is working extensively in XML using C/C++. Take a
look at their code for really good implementations, especially the
libxode library.

- Sandip
--
Sandip Bhattacharya