Re: Re: IPC Question

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:53:13AM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> I think I need to check this thread from going in weird direction.
>
> The solution I found was to use hundreds of unix domain stream sockets. But
> doesn't sound good. Currently I am trying to decipher what stevens has wrote
> about descriptor passing useing message queues. That will take few days for
> me as this is spare time activity.

If you care about speed, you can implement your own library, which uses
virtual memory to communicate among threads. Any other alternative
involving an OS supported IPC mechanism will pay a syscall overhead.

Basically you implement your own message queue at a fixed address
in the address space shared by all threads.

There may be such libraries already available (mm, shm ?)

	-Arun