Re: How to identify a Unix machine....

Hi

This is a short cut. Use a portscanner like nmap. It can *guess* the OS. Or look at
it's source code if you want to do it on your own. But TCP/IP finger printing is
never full proof. You can ask kernel to report as anything you want.(Don't ask me
how to do it. I have just read it somewhere...)

Bye
 Shridhar