Re: Apache SSL

Hi,

First create self signed CA certificate  or get one trusted CA certificate,
and also create a server certificate.

Change the apache configuration file httpd.conf, pointing the CA certificate,
and SSL certificate...
Set the following directives:
SSLCACertificatePath  <pathofCAfile>
SSLCACertificateFile  <CAfile>
SSLCertificateFile <ServerFile>
SSLCertificateKeyFile <serverkeyfile>
and restart ur httpd....

bye
Ravi Prakash

Hi,

I had installed the apache-ssl-1.3.6_1.35-3.i386.rpm , which also include
openssl-0.9.5a-2.6.x.i386.rpm.
While installing the apache-ssl it will ask the openssl and perl5 is
required to install. I had installed the openssl. But the perl5 is alredy
installed on my machine , so I had installed this apache with --nodeps
option. Using this I had installed apche-sll successfully.

Now I had generated the dummy certificates also and those are in its
proper place.

when I start the apache-ssl server , it is starting also.

Now my problem is , it is not accepting any of the clients connection,
i.e. i am not able access this server by any of the browsers by typing
the url https://localhost

In /var/log/httpsd/error_log log file , it is giving me following error
messages.

SSL_accept failed
child pid xxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

What would be the problem.
Had I missed any of the steps while installing or generating the
certificates.

Please help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat Hallale

LIP is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.