Re: ping,ftp,telnet

First of all this problem is noway related to programmers list, so pl. do
used to ask queries like this on linux-india-help list.
Now comes your problem. And keeping in view that you might haven't
sibscribed to linux-india-help I am sending the mail on programmers list
itself.

Check your /etc/inetd.conf file and see whether the line
containing in.telnetd and in.ftpd is commented or not. these too lines are
responsible to fork out the telnet and ftp server deamons. If these two
lines are not commented do check whether they are installed or not.
I hope this only will be the problem.
If I am wrong anywhere I would like to be corrected myself.

regards,
vivek