Re: Happy Diwali

Amarendra GODBOLE forced the electrons to say:
> > I hope not to see again this kind of message in the linux newsgroups....
> Why not ?

Because it is OT here, it is unwanted, it just floods the list and many more
reasons.

> Should I prove mathematically that given the number of festivals, the
> total subscribers and the subscribers who send wishes, do _NOT_ flood
> the newsgroup ? ;-)

Well, so far I am concerned, even a single OT posting constitutes
flooding.

> Think about it and try to respect sentiments behind the greetings.

What sentiments? That someone, whom I don't even know, is wasting my
hard earned bandwidth - bandwidth that I have reserved to learn more
about the Linux operating system - for absolutely irrelevant and frivolous
activities?

Diwali greetings have a place, I admit - but not in a mailing list that
has in its charter 'Discussion of issues related to programming in Linux'.

My INR 0.02.

Binand

PS: Suresh - take over from there :)

--
The prompt for all occasions:
export PS1="F:\$(pwd | tr '/[a-z]' '\134\134[A-Z]')> "