snmpset command help

hi all,

i am going to use this snmpset command in my mini snmp manager program to manage some devices. now i have a doubt. i found in the man page examples that by giving the community name a private we can able to access the device to change settings. then what about the security.. there is no need of passwd r what. suppose if anybody know the IP address and the community name can able to set the device r what. if not then where to give the passwd for this command line utility snmpset......

can anybody help me....

ramesh.