Re: Implementation of Data Link Layer protocols

Hi,

The location of the home page seems to have changed since I was last
there and there seems to be a new version out.

As far as I remember I got the ns-allinone package. If you are going
to download 24 MB, I guess another 7 MB wont hurt anyway :-)
IIRC, compiling the thing on Linux used to be a bit of a pain,
required hacking around in the Makefile a bit. It doesnt use
autoconf/automake. But things might have improved since that time.

About the simulator itself; it is a discrete time/discrete event
simulator that allows you to model custom protocols, topologies etc
etc And since you have the code, you could theoretically model almost
anything, given sufficient effort .....

If you have specific questions, mail me directly. I think this is
getting a bit offtopic ....

HTH,

Harshal