Implementation of Data Link Layer protocols

Gaurav Priyolkar writes:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > As a part of my Computer Networks course in college I have to implement some
 > Data Link Layer protocols.

Hi,
May I suggest another approach .....
We did most of our assignments about such things using a network
simulator. NS is a nice simulator written by a team at UCB that I
used.You can do your coding in C++ or TCL. You can easily play around
with any layer of the network stack, implement your algorithms and
test things out.... It isnt quite as satisfying as hacking kernel code of
course :-) But I think it will serve your purpose better

NS home page is
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/

Harshal