Re: mentor required

Hi Ashish,

I too have recently started programming on the Linux platform. I am
using the book " Begining Linux Programming - by Richard Stones and Neil
mathew" - Wrox press. although a very good book for a person who has
started to program ( covers everything from Shell scripting to GTK+
programming), it just touches these languages. However, since the
application that you need to build through the various chapters is the
same, you can easily grasp the languages.

I am presently looking into GTK programming. The book touches on this -
creation of diffrerent widgets, etc., but the application source code is
on the wrox website ( and I haven't been able to download it till now,
even after repeated attempts.).

If you are going in for some specific language then, you better get
yourself a book of that language . This holds for most cross platform
languages ( c, C++, TCL/TK, Python ). However, if you want to do some
specific language ( GTK+, QT libraries), then you will have to get to
these sites and find what information you can . I got the GTK+
specifications from the gtk website ( gtk.org).

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

regards

Vibhu..