Re: port 8080 vs. port 80

hi,
     Firstly check that the module is installed in the right place for
apache to locate it.(libexecs/mod_jserv.so)Try and RESTART the apache
webserver only AFTER starting tomcat.
     If you are making any changes to tomcat-apache.conf those changes will
be over-written when the server is restarted so take care you place your
configuration in server.xml that is one possible error.
     You could also solve your problem by adding a ScriptAlias in the
httpd.conf file similar to the cgi-bin one and try to execute *.jsp's in
that directory.
     It worked well for me should do so for you as well.

          BEST of LUCK
uday.