Re: Web Server Info Reqd

Paramdeep Singh wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I have recently joined this List.
>
> I am looking for your precious advice for setting my my web server on linux
> as I want to host some commercial sites on my Linux Machine.
>
> My only problem is that I do not know about the web features provided by
> Linux as I have mostly worked on Windows platfoms(IIS,Site Server).
>
> I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to go about this.
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Paramdeep singh

Apache is the answer. look up HOWTOs for setting up apache to yur
config. its a fairly simple job. for databse u may use MySQL or
PostGresql. ASP counterpart here is PHP. and dont forget to install
mod_php and mod_perl for apache
puneet

--
Congratulations!  You are the one-millionth user to log into our system.
If there's anything special we can do for you, anything at all, don't