Re: tar file containing linux complete sourc

> >         Can anyone suggest me any url or ftp site where i can have
> linux
> > source code in compressed form (say in few tar or .gz file). For sites
> like
> > Linux kernel archives and other you have to individually download each
> file.
> > Any other source to save bandwith.
> >

> http://www.kernel.org is the answer

I'd say the saudi arabian mirror is the fastest for us Indians.

Look for your kernel in

ftp://ftp.isu.net.sa/pub/mirrors/ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
There are subdirs for v2.0, v2.2, etc. I found this to be the best mirror.

BTW, they mirror ftp.xemacs.org, ftp.gnu.org, ftp.redhat.com. ftp.debian.org and about 2-3 more.

Regards
Gautam