Re: Keeping files in sync across machine

Hi,

> a) Can we rely on the mount, given the fact that the machines may be in
> geographically different locations, like one machine in US and the other in
> India.

	It all depends on the quality and relibility of the communication
link between the two boxes. I personally would not dare mount anything
beyond my local LAN. Although I think multisite clearcase and things like
that do use remote mounting. IIRC, even veritas file systems clustering
solutions do this. But they cost $$$.

> b) How would the performance be of the file write in this case.

	It will definitely be horribly slow, especially for remotely
mounted file-systems across continents.
	However you can try doing I/O on the file in async mode (fcntl).

	Regards,
	Kedar.