Re: java applet problem

 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
<snip>

> You can guess the serverName and portNumber programmatically like so:
>
>             String docBase = this.getDocumentBase().toString();
>             int endIndex = docBase.lastIndexOf("/");
>             server = new String(docBase.substring(0,endIndex) + "/");

</snip>

Correct, but in this case, it would return the address of the server in
which the document is located. What I think he is trying to do is
connect to different IP's other than the server from which the applet
is being loaded. So this won't help.

Vijayan
--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".