Re: driver help

--- Arun Sharma <adsharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 02:36:07PM +0530, manish
> shukla wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am going through some linux driver code ,
> intermediate driver code to be
> >  precise. I am not able to get help on some driver
> api . is there a way i
> > can
> >  look somewhere for help on individual function
> reference for linux ddk. if
> >  it is there in linux system how to access it..?
>
> Because Linux doesn't have a DDK. And not for a
> technical reason.
> Read all my past flames on LIG on the topic.

There IS a commercial DDK for Linux. I think its
called Windriver or sumthin' on thoz lines. U can,
thru a GUI, pick u're device's parameters, and then
the wizard will write the code for u (a la glade), and
then u can use the SAME code on linux and doze. I
think it uses some runtime linking lib to do the dirty
work for u. I dont advice anyone to go buy it, but
just fer countering sake... ;-)

Nikhil.
IGNULUG-HYD.