Re: File path

Hi!
I have found that the 'find' command (mmin option) can be used to figure out when a file with a given name (but path unknown) was last modified. Since I search the entire file system for this file name, it takes a long time. Can you suggest some improvement? Is there any other way to know which file an X application is using? (Speed is an important consideration as I am writing a monitoring software).
Thanks in advance.
- Karthika

http://bol.rediff.com