Re: Questions on cross-platform development...

Hi,

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan typed:
> Will check out the Ask Slashdot piece.  My problem with QT is the GPL
> (not LGPL) and QPL dual-licensing.  I wish it were under LGPL.  But then
> again, that'd mean that TrollTech would not be making money.  Binad,
> what this means is that I can use the GPL-ed version of QT if I'm
> developing code that is also going to be GPL-ed (The GPL virus at work).
>   If I'm developing commercial, closed-source applications using QT, I'd
> have to buy developer license from TrollTech under QPL.

Why don't you have a go at "wxWindows" - http://wxwindows.org/
The MIDI sequencer I use (jazz++ - http://jazzware.com) uses this -
it's cross-platform on Windows and Linux, and wxWin supports Mac as
well. I'm not sure about the licensing issue, just take a look at the
site IAC.

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.2.17 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.2.5i (2000-07-28) || VIM 5.7