file table entry and i-node

hi all,

i have a basic doubt. each process when access a file
will a entry in the process table first. then the
corresponding file's file table entry will have the
file's current offset and type(r,w,rw).. also the
v-node table will contain the functions accessing the
files.

so i am running a program in which i use two file desc
to open the same file. explain me about the filetable
entry and v-node entry for the above process.
case(1): if both are writing to the same file
case(2): one reading and other writing.

anybody plz help me in clearing this concept.

ramesh