Re: snmpset command help

Hi Ramesh ,

you are correct. SNMPv1 has no provisioin for security, and this is the
biggest drawback of SNMP. SNMPv3 has got a lot of security provisions, but
snmpget/set is not implemented for v3. If you want a v3 manager, then you
need to get some commercial software or you can make your own. A warning
SNMPv3 is not at all "simple".

vibhu..