telnet from linux

hi all,

i have a problem with telnet from linux. my machine has both NT and linux and it is under microsoft proxy server. from NT i want to telnet to a valid IP machine means it is connecting... ( i think NAT is done on the server ) but when the same thing when i want to telnet to a valid IP machine means it is giving the error network unreachable ( the connect function sets this error number ). so how to solve the thing. kindly anybody help me...

ramesh