Re: :ISR and Device driver

Hi,

 you have to firstly define what you mean by a "program". If its a user
space program then you can't ... else If you mean a piece of your own
code
then it depends on how small or what its functionality is.

In an ISR you should only execute the most necessary functions of your
handler. This should be very small and compact. Now if you need to
process
some information after your interrupt then you should use a Bottom Hafl
Handler.

A bottom half handler is used so that processing of an interrupt can be
done
outside the ISR. This allows the OS to again recieve interrupts
and carry on execution.

Look at the linux kernel document for an explanation of bottom half
handlers.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/tlk/tlk.html