(how to fetch mac address) arp

hi to all
        i have made small client/server model now i want mac address of
the client connecting to my server.My "/proc/net/arp" file does not
contains my all connected client's mac addrees. i have tried "ip neigh
show" but it gives only those address which are in "/proc/net/arp" file.
        I want to extend my program so server can authenticate clients
as per its mac address.Here my server is running on RH-6.1 and my clients
are windoze based..

Abhishek G Banugaria