Re: Postgres passwords...

Hi,

> so you just want have postgres password...
> simple..go to userconf and set a password for postgres..
> of simply  passwd postgres ..

Well, what I wanted to know was not trivial. What I wanted was this.. I
have the postgresql "superuser" (the dbadmin account) as postgres. I
create a new user for myself with createuser.

Now I can say psql in when logged into the machine as myself and create
tables, insert/delete data..

What I wanted to know was how to setup postgres such that you have to give
the password when you want to connect to the postgresql database - either
through psql commandline or php3 or whatever.

Anyway, I found the solution myself after some extensive browsing of
documentation.. The key is "alter user with password".

Kedar.
Kedar N. Patankar.
Senior Software Engineer.
ishoni Networks
...Broadband for everyone
http://www.ishoni.com
email - kedar@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +91-80-2292125 (Work)
Fax: +91-80-2995545 (Work)
Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent
and original in your work.