Re: Shell-Creation.

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Madhu Sudhan.S wrote:

> Can any one on the list please educate me on how to Create a private
> Unix Shell of my own, allowing only a few basic simple commands on that

	There is a thing like  bash --restricted. It does restrict
changing the PATH variable and cd'ing above the home directory. I hope you
can set the PATH variable to ~/bin, copy the commands you want him to use
to ~/bin. The shell will not allow it to use the commands like /usr/bin or
anyother with a / in the command.

> to work on that, like the ls, cd, etc.,. Other commands, like su, etc.,
> should
> throw an error "Command not found".

	Hopefully reading the docs will give u the complete info.

	Bye and EnjoyLife....
--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx