Re: Ethernet Interface ????

Hello,

|I have a small clarification, when writing socket programs, do we need to
|have the Etherent interface present on the system.

Not at all...you do not need to have ethernet card on your system.....but
you will definately need some other servers setup .... like DNS if you are
using 'localhost.localdomain' instead of 127.0.0.1 and hope daytime server
is running....

You can simulate the things you need without ethernet card....and you can
even assigh more than one addresses to 'lo' ...well if it works with
127.0.0.1 ...it will work on a machine with ethernet card too....

Gurus....correct me if I am wrong in my last statement

AJay