Re:

hi
afaik, the presence of ethernet -interface is not necessary when using
the loopback address, there is this loopback driver for sending packets
from Ip layer back to upper layers. [source: stevens Tcp/Ip Vol.1
:chapter 2(?)] see,even without a NIC, u can telnet to 127.0.0.1

regards

--

  I just want to be that (catcher in the rye)++

 Email: rajeevj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Office :
                                 MBT(Sharda centre), off karve road
              		         Pune , India
                       Tring Tring : +91(20)5424301 Xtn: 1126